Juliette Carr responds: Definitely wash and chop the burdock--don't peel it. You can grate it if you want but it will take...
Pesto Potato Salad with Green Beans
- Ready in: 30 minutes prep; 30 minutes to cook
- Serves: 10
- Complexity: medium
From Bon Appétit, July 2004
- 4 pounds 1-inch-diameter Dutch yellow potatoes, halved lengthwise (Yukon Gold potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces can be substituted)
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup Bella Farm organic pesto
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 Tbs. white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbs. maple or wholegrain mustard
Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, 10 minutes. Add beans; cook 4 minutes longer. Drain well. Transfer vegetables to large bowl and cool 10 minutes. Mix in pesto and green onions, tossing to coat. Cool completely. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover; let stand at room temperature.) Just before serving, mix in vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper.