Juliette Carr responds: Definitely wash and chop the burdock--don't peel it. You can grate it if you want but it will take...
Lana’s Cheese Bruschetta Cornbread
- Ready in: 30 minutes prep; 30 minutes to cook
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: medium
A Vermont twist on this classic antipasto.
- 3/4 cup Nitty Gritty Grain Wapsie Valley Cornmeal
- 1 cup Nitty Gritty Grain All-Purpose Vermont White Flour
- 1/4 cup raw organic sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tomatoes (optional; let drain for a bit)
- 1/4 cup Cabot sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup parmesan (1/2 in cornbread, 1/2 on top while baking)
Preheat oven to 375. Grease baking pan. Mix dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Add sour cream, milk, egg, and melted butter. Combine basil, garlic, tomatoes, cheddar and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and fold into batter thoroughly. Bake for about 30 minutes. Add remaining parmesan to top of bread while baking.