Juliette Carr responds: Definitely wash and chop the burdock--don't peel it. You can grate it if you want but it will take...
Gingered Raspberry-Sunflower Dressing
- Ready in: 10 minutes prep
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: medium
- 1/2 cup local sunflower oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen local raspberries
- 1 Tbs freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger root (or 1/4 tsp. ginger)
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp each cardamom and garam masala
- Salt to taste
Blend all ingredients in blender, adding salt to taste at the end. Drizzle lightly over salad. This works especially well with a salad of lettuce, arugula, sweet onion, and Bosc pear, with optional addition of grilled sausage or veggie sausage. Garnish with toasted sunflower seeds or hazelnuts and whole raspberries.
Note: Ginger root is easy to grate when frozen.