Juliette Carr responds: Definitely wash and chop the burdock--don't peel it. You can grate it if you want but it will take...
Cheese Puffs—Orb Weaver Farm
- Ready in: 30 minutes prep; 20 minutes to bake
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: easy
This cheese puff recipe is an elegant and fun way to begin a winter feast.
- 1 1/2 quart, heavy-bottom saucepan
- 1 cup water
- 6 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground pepper
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 4 ounces grated Orb Weaver cheese
- 2 baking sheets covered with parchment paper
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Bring the water to a boil with the butter, salt, and pepper, and boil until butter is melted.
2. Meanwhile, measure out the flour. Remove the butter and water mixture from the heat and stir in the flour all at once. Beat with a wooden spoon for a few seconds, then return to the heat and stir over medium-high heat for a minute or two.
3. Put the hot mixture into the bowl of the mixer, and start beating it with the paddle (or beat it vigorously with a wooden spoon). Add the eggs, one at a time, making sure each egg is incorporated before adding the next one, and continue beating. Add the grated cheese to the warm mixture.
4. Put scant tablespoons of the mixture onto parchment paper. You should have approximatley 40. Bake until they are golden brown and have doubled in size, about 20 minutes.