Juliette Carr responds: Definitely wash and chop the burdock--don't peel it. You can grate it if you want but it will take...
- Ready in: 30 minutes prep; 20 minutes on stove
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
Try cooking this simple yet healthful meal. It is a favorite for kids and adults alike!Try cooking this simple yet healthful meal. It is a favorite for kids and adults alike!
- 1 cauliflower, cut up into small florets
- 2 red potatoes, diced small
- 1 cup frozen or fresh peas
- 1 tablespoon toasted cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- squeeze of lemon
- pinch of dried red chili (optional)
Toast the cumin seeds until they darken in color and emit a wonderful odor, add oil to the pan, let it heat up for a couple of minutes. Add the potatoes and toss until partially cooked, 5 minutes or so. Then add cauliflower pieces, turmeric, chili (optional), and salt. Keep stirring until the vegetables are all cooked. Add peas at the end and cover. Garnish with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lemon before serving.